Father’s Day is easy for all of the people who feel loved by, loving, and close with their dads. If your relationship with your father is strong and uncomplicated, I hope you will give him the wonderful Father’s Day that he so deserves.
But the world is full of people who have more complex relationships with their dads. If you feel either confused or disappointed about your father, there’s a fairly good chance that it’s because of Childhood Emotional Neglect or CEN.
- Do you get irritated or snap at your father for apparent no reason?
- Do you cringe a little inside when you have to talk to your dad?
- Does being alone with your father make you feel awkward or uncomfortable?
- Are you uncertain whether your father loves you and/or is proud of you?
- Do you sometimes feel that your dad doesn’t actually know you very well?
- Do you look forward to seeing your father, and then often feel vaguely let down or perplexed afterward?